Wednesday, August 6, 2008

feeling better, name suggestions, and telling people

Whew! So, I was sick for a few days and the nurse visit really helped, and I got some of that nasty stuff out of my system. By last Wednesday night I was asking for pizza...good sign. There are still days, but overall as long as I avoid soy and eat every time my stomach thinks it might be hungry, all is well. Today I made homemade bread so I can at least have toast in the mornings. And I ate a bowl of cereal (I had been avoiding milk), and it stayed put. The kids at work had quite a time of going through every snack we sell to see if there is soy--we discovered three safe things: fruit snacks, pretzels, and marshmallows.

It was a little tricky eating in St. Louis, because some restaurants don't really know what ingredients are in their products. I ordered a root beer float at Sonic and they had quite a time checking labels. The only St. Louis food that didn't go over was the Greek salad.

So, we've gotten one name suggestion so far. Lightning. If you have your own idea, let us know.

We had an elaborate plan worked out with Chris to tell our moms in Chicago. Dan is in Denver later this week and will fly into Chicago where Debbie and Chris would meet me and my mom and we were going to surprise both moms at the same time, but Debbie backed out on Chicago and we had to call her and tell her. The next day she texted that she was excited, and since I have never known her to text, I am glad she is. We decided to tell my mom on the way home from St. Louis, and she immediately mentioned that she had a lot of sewing to do. Our dads responded a little less enthusiastically, but they're dads...mine asked if we were getting a dog (we've often referred to Brenda's dogs as grand-dogs, and our tarantula as a grand-spider).

I told my sister as she was driving us to a movie, and she almost drove off of the road. I accidentally told Dan's cousin Matt because he called while I was curled up in the bathroom, and I told him I was sick and he asked why. So I told him. It turns out he was calling to tell us about their pregnancy...due not long before ours.

3 comments:

tbonegrl said...

Congratulations to you both! I couldn't be happier for you!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the coming birth! I am so excited for you both!

Maggie said...

Paddy short for Patrick. On account of your due date.