Monday, July 28, 2008

First trimester

Nobody really tells you that you might find death more enticing than the first trimester....but it is true. If I were not alive, I would not feel so sick all of the time. No, you don't need to go on Suicide watch...I'm not actually contemplating death, especially when I've discovered that I am not sick when I am asleep (waking up is a different matter). Today the nurse said our priority is staying hydrated, and I am working on that. She said bananas, apple juice, toast (do you know how many breads have soy???), and or course, rice. The BRAT diet. She said to keep on with the popsicles, and to try seven up. But, I have to say, orange popsicle really burns when it comes out of your nose. They all say it will pass, and sooner is better by me.

I love how nobody warns you about the first trimester, until you are experiencing it. How many times in the last two weeks have I heard, "oh, first trimester..." like its a secret club. What a sucky club. Here's what I know, Dan has become a master at cleaning the bathroom.

The nurses in the doctor's office are all excited. They all know me because I am there so much for allergy shots.

We also have a due date: March 17. So we could have a St. Patrick's Day baby with an appropriate last name. If we go on March 15 that would be cool because it is my grandma's birthday, and the 11th is my parent's anniversary. The 13th is Dan's half birthday (a bit of a stretch for significance???). We'll be just a few weeks behind Dan's cousin's second baby, and that is exciting too.

2 comments:

Q said...

Other reasons to have Little Cue on March 15:

1. The Ides of March (with apologies to J.C. - Julius Caesar);
2. Matt and Tati's anniversary.

Unknown said...

Hey, I was due on March 17. I came out a week late and although I dont' wish that on you, March 23 is a great day to be born! :) How about the name Ramona? I just love it but Brendan is very against it.

Andrea