Sunday, July 27, 2008

sick, sick, sick, and a little crabby

So, first the crabby. I traveled to Adventureland with the Galaxy (the after school youth center) on Wednesday. It was a long day and I only got to ride three rides. We rode home on a school bus and I had the misfortune of sitting near the most annoying kid I have ever met. He had a plastic water bottle with a straw that he kept making terrible high pitched squeaky noises with. Finally I turned to him and told him that if he didn't stop I would shove the straw down his throat and throw the water bottle out the window. He stopped. Everyone else laughed at me.

Now for the sick part. We have a suspicion that lack of allergy meds equals me actually having reactions to my mild food allergies. I accidentally ate shrimp last week--sick for two days. So my prenatal vitamins happen to have soy (have you ever checked food labels, it seems everything is made with soy). I started them on Wednesday night--threw up twice on Thursday, twice on Friday, twice on Saturday, stopped taking the vitamin, and still threw up three times on Sunday. We're talking violent, until there is only bile left in me and that comes up too. Friday I even threw up while taking a shower. Tomorrow I meet with the nurse for the medical history/blood test happiness, and we'll have to get this figured out. I almost had Dan take me to the hospital for fluids on Saturday. Tonight I ate two big popsicles, and so far so good. We also asked a retired OB/GYN friend and he said as long as I get folic acid and iron things should be good, so Dan picked up some organic, non soy containing supplements for me at New Pioneer Coop in Iowa City today.

Our siblings are sooooooo excited! Yesterday Chris called to tell us that he and Dan's parents were going phone shopping, and would it be a good idea for everyone to get quality camera phones with photo sharing capabilities due to "upcoming events" that our parents don't know about yet. I said yet, and I guess he had quite a time convincing them, but he was successful. He and Dan have been scheming to get the parents and us in the same place at the same time so we can tell them in person.

No comments: