Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Backstories, vol. i

As we share the news with family, Smileycue and I are hearing interesting stories about our time in the womb. I knew that I was late (due date - August twentysomething, but born in September). I also knew that my mom began labor at Red Lobster the evening prior to my birth. (Insert astrology joke here.) What I did not know is that after suspecting conception, my mom visited Planned Parenthood to take a pregnancy test. When my mom told my dad, he wasn't surprised because he "tried extra hard that time." My parents waited until March to share the news with friends and family. As this blog attests, we could not demonstrate that same level of self-restraint in keeping the news to ourselves.

Smileycue was born to farmers. (Insert Supergirl/planet Krypton joke here.) A few days after Smileycue's birth, her mom was in hog shed pulling pigs with one hand and nursing Smileycue with the other.

We'll share future stories of the rearings of Smileycue and Q in future posts. Please post your stories and memories of Smileycue, Q, or your own experiences in the comments.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Backstories, huh? All my fave Smileycue stories involve sitting in the back of some music class and genearally involve markers or colored pencils! :)

Andrea