Wednesday, August 13, 2008

chocolate chip cookies, plus some soy information

It seems that in some circles bringing chocolate chip cookies to social functions and the workplace is a sign that you are expecting. I know it was that way in my former workplace, and one day a coworker brought cookies to be nice and all day long people were trying to figure out who was pregnant, until she finally told them she brought them to be nice. I brought banana chocolate chip cookies to a family gathering recently and an aunt accused me of trying to say something...I had bananas I needed to use up, and those are my favorite cookies. No announcement. I had told a college student we know that story, and when I saw her yesterday she asked when I would make chocolate chip cookies. I told her I wasn't going to, and as it turns out, chocolate chips are made with SOY!

Lately I have been craving milk. I need it. I drank three glasses before bed last night, and tonight I had two glasses of chocolate milk (no soy!!!), plus a glass after work. I might even get another one in a minute. This is funny because as a small child I was lactose intolerant, and it kind of went away after puberty until I went on the pill, when it kind of came back, and I'd say that is not a problem right now. Give me milk.

I have been doing some research about soy, because it is in everything, and often disguised with different names. Here are a couple of links to what I've found so far.

Lecithin Information Guide

Soy Allergy (Food Allergy Initiative)

No comments: