Thursday, January 8, 2009

Six months without brownies

After six months without brownies, I have finally made it to a Trader Joe's and stocked up on some of my favorites. As it turns out, No Pudge! Brownie mix is totally and completely chemical free! I can eat it. I got to eat not just brownies, but my favorite kind.

We had an OB appointment this week, and I must say that besides learning that I have to take 4 iron pills every day, it was a boring appointment. Dr. B didn't have much to say, and we had nothing to report. He gave me some swollen leg advice (keep my feet up and drink more water), and we left. However, today I got the bill for ultrasound #1...ouch. A bit painful.

Finally, while driving through Indianapolis in heavy fog and being cut off by someone driving like they should have been at the Brickyard driving a race car, I realized that my version of "swearing" at other cars will have to change. While I don't call bad drivers bad things necessarily (like the alternate name for a donkey), I will not want Babycue running around calling real people those things. I need new words, that aren't bad, but get the point across while driving. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Renee said...

Smily,

I wish I had known about the NoPudge Brownies. I could have brought you some. They're sold at the Hy-Vee where I shop. If you run out, let me know; I'll grab some for you.

Jason and I have several "swears" we use in front of the kids: "Poop-feet!" (this one is highly amusing to them), "Tarter-sauce!" (thank you Mr. Crab on SpongeBob) and "Stupid Idiot!" (considered swearing since the children are not allowed to use either word, unless directed at the computer). Just find phases that you and Q are comfortable with saying in front of small ears.

Also, just to warn you, just because the two of you avoid certain words in front of babycue, doesn't mean others will. One of my brothers has sworn in front of the children several times, luckily the kids sort of blocked it out.

Hanna said...

My grandparents used to swear in Dutch so we wouldn't know what they were saying, but then we started mimicking...I can swear in Dutch but I don't know what it means! I'll let you know about the brownies...Thanks.