Friday, January 23, 2009

not reassuring

Yesterday was yet another uneventful OB appointment. We talked about pain management and doulas, birth plans and Dr. B's son teaching him songs from daycare (where I teach music). Then Dr. B took a look at the calendar. "Oh," he says, "you're due date is coming up soon." Then, "oh, I will be on vacation not long after your due date. Don't worry. The baby will come before I go..." and he lets that sentence trail off. Sure, Dr. B, that is reassuring.

On Wednesday my mom came and brought all the baby stuff she had worked on so far. She made a few surprises she didn't tell me about (even wrapped for the shower that was planned in Ohio, and now isn't), and she found my baby book. Q and I have had fun reading about little me. Now, if only we could find a baby book we like for Babycue...

Mom also helped with some stuff around the house, and we figured out how to put the crib together, and then that there are a couple of parts missing. So, we got online and found the company and they actually sell individual parts, so we should be all set as long as we order soon.

We've almost figured out when Q's family will come. Q's brother is going to spend a couple of weeks (we're all excited about this, even though some of us won't admit it), so Q's mom will bring him and stay a couple of days, then leave and Q's dad will pick him up a couple of weeks later.

My belly button is almost gone. Yesterday I found the bottom of it. I didn't know there was a bottom, but now I do. There are a couple of funny pictures of it, and maybe they will get posted soon.

I think it is time to make some brownies, then take a nap before working a junior high dance tonight. This week I have been extra exhausted, which I am tired of hearing that I should just get used to. And, Babycue has been extra active, especially when I try to sleep.

No comments: