Thursday, October 23, 2008

Babycue's thoughts on picture taking

"Please don't take my picture or I'll put my hands in front of my face. Ha, ha, you can't see me. Oh, so you won't give up. Well, I'll just stick my tongue out at you... Stop poking me and trying to get me to move. I like looking towards mom's spine. Now you know why the flashlight thing didn't work. I wasn't looking at you. Those two ladies kept pushing me around, while mom just relaxed on a bed in a dimly lit room and watched the screen they were showing me on. Dad thinks I have mom's nose. How can he tell? I guess it is good that mom and dad got to see all of my toes and fingers, and my heart beating. They also saw my stomach and bladder and spine. The ladies took pictures of my brain and measured my head and some bones. They say I am about the right size, and somehow could estimate my weight. 10 ounces. Mom and dad thought the pictures of my face looked kind of like an alien. I don't have much fat yet, so my face kind of looks hollow. I was wiggly for a while, and the one learning to take pictures of me couldn't quite get some of the pictures she wanted. They looked at my placenta and my umbilical cord. My heart rate was 142 today. Mom and dad brought home some nice pictures of me and got a CD with a couple more pictures, even though they took about (dad thinks) about 70 pictures altogether. I guess I'll have to get used to that."

And now you know some of what Babycue was thinking during the ultrasound today. It is fascinating that they can use this gooey stuff and an electronic thing and look inside of my belly to see this baby moving around. In a sense we got twice the ultrasound because our tech was training a new tech, so after Erica, the new one, did her part, Monica, the trainer, came in and checked everything. It is difficult to take pictures of something that is moving around and you can't control. Props to the ultrasound ladies! They can't give the official word, but unofficially everything looks fine.

No comments: