Friday, October 3, 2008

coffee, er, milk snob and one less worry

Well. It seems I have become a milk snob. Now, I used to be a coffee snob. Starbucks=bad, non-corporate coffee=good, and certain drinks from certain places are better. I can tell you my favorite coffee at many places in Las Vegas, and now in our small area of Iowa.

But my coffee drinking has been limited (just don't tell Dan about the single shot latte I had on Wednesday). So I have become a critic of milk instead. Dan and I compromised long ago and buy 1% instead of skim or 2%. But last Saturday I accidentally bought the store brand. And it was not good. It tasted funny and I had a difficult time drinking it. I finally finished the gallon, and bought my Anderson Erickson 1% and life is good again. I have become a milk snob.

One less worry...we had been trying to figure out how to get a wash machine so that we could do laundry at home, instead of our once a month trek to the laundromat. We technically have a washer and dryer, but they reside in our condo in Las Vegas. Yesterday my mom brought us a washer. She got it from this guy who buys appliances at auctions, and then resells them for very decent prices. It is a Maytag, and works well. Somehow she and Dan got it into the basement too. Now we have to get our landlord to fix the water pipes so it can use cold water as well as hot...Thanks mom!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Land o' Lakes lactose free reduced fat milk for me.

Hope the washer works out.