Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Babycue interviews

Reader maggie, proprietor of Sketchbook Maggie, has asked questions about Babycue. We felt that Babycue was best suited to answer the questions.

What are we doing with this new baby?

My parents have been feeding me and keeping me warm. The other night there was a bright light; I turned away.

I frequently hear sound. Sometimes I hear the voice of my father. Occasionally there is music. More often, I my mother's voice.

Are we going to find out sex?

I'm too young for that! (rimshot.)

Seriously, I've developed my "business," but my parents are respecting my privacy. I can't hide it from the ultrasound - it's Naked Time all the time here - but they promised me they wouldn't look.

Baby shower?

Why do I need a shower? I'm soaking in amniotic fluid 24/7.

Have you decided on a decorating theme?

I've thought about a decorator blankie. There are no windows. That rules out any draperies, but I have thought about a nice lamp and maybe a poster of my hero, Super Grover.

Maggie, there you are, straight from the mouth of Babycue. Readers, what questions do you have? Post them in the comments. We'll ask Babycue and share them in a future post.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Hey, baby. A shower is an antiquated ritual where ladies play crappy games and give you lots of gifts.

Hanna said...

I admit, I don't like shower games. It took a lot of me saying, "fine, you can do a shower, but I won't play the games" for my aunts to nix games at the wedding shower.