Thursday, December 4, 2008

Battle Bruises

Monday morning I got up early after fasting for 12 hours and headed to the hospital to do the GTT test. First, they drew blood. Then I got to drink orange stuff this time. I took the time to read the label, and it seems that one is not supposed to eat before this, or drink caffeine (I had a cherry coke and macaroni and cheese before last week's test). So I sat for three hours, getting blood drawn every hour. I have some terrible bruises to show for it, but I got a good nap in, and Dr. B walked by while I was sitting and stopped to chat. Really, the bruises look really bad. One was swollen for a while.

Tuesday when I went in to get my allergy shot I asked about the results. I passed. My blood sugar after three hours was 113, which mom says is still high, but I passed, so who cares. Nevertheless, she is digging out a diabetic cook book she happens to have.

In other news, we have some great belly pictures that perhaps Q will post soon. And Monday I start job #4, teaching music at a very small private school (42 students K-8). If this and daycare continue to work out, I might not have to get a real full-time job next year and can spend a lot of time with Babycue...

No comments: