Saturday, December 27, 2008

Are there three of them in there?

An awkward moment, I have to say. No, just one. Recently our doctor's wife announced their third pregnancy. We chatted on Christmas Eve and she told me she felt so big and like she was definitely showing. I just looked at her, grabbed my belly, and told her she is not showing. Silly kid! An unappreciated moment: when my boss told me I don't look pudgy anymore, and I have really popped out. Thanks.

Speaking of belly, I now understand why pregnant women are always rubbing and feeling their bellies. I can't stop. My belly button fascinates me, and I love to gently press on the baby parts I can feel to see how the baby reacts. It is amazing how it all works, and feels, and tickles sometimes. I like watching my belly wiggle. Sometimes I think we must be popping popcorn inside.

PG 13 alert: This next part may not be appropriate for younger eyes...

I was getting a haircut last week, and as M was washing my hair, she was asking baby questions. Then she asked "How about the sex?" I very candidly said, "Oh, we still can." She meant the gender...oops. I bet she asks that question differently next time.

Okay, back to G ratings...

We had a good Christmas, early in the day with family, later in the day with friends. My piano students and school students made me lots of treats that I couldn't eat, but every now and then I was tempted by a piece of fudge or that awesome danish kringle, and had an upset stomach for about three days. Even though I didn't eat that much bad stuff, it all had soy, and I paid for that. That would be the reason I don't keep anything bad for me to eat in the house.

Tonight Babycue will go to his/her first hockey game, and we are excited. Finding a hockey sweater to fit over the baby was a challenge, and I ended up choosing my Las Vegas sweater. The St. Louis Blues note looks funny over a pregnant belly, and the Iowa Hawkeye also sticks out significantly on that sweater. I tried one of our huge Hope hockey sweaters, but it looked terrible on me.

No comments: