Thursday, December 11, 2008

good OB appointment, and the seatbelt

Today we saw Dr. B. All is well, things are right where they should be, and I gained two more pounds. We talked about iron supplements, and will continue to experiment with that. The "look for the placenta" ultrasound will be next week. Dan asked about rubbing more oh so sore back, and got the okay there as long as he isn't hitting my belly. Like he would do that (though last night I accidentally belly flopped on the bed...). Dr. B said the abuse rate for pregnant women is 70 times more likely. He wasn't entirely sure of the accuracy of that statistic, but nonetheless, that is craziness. I have not experienced any of that, unless not having dinner ready when I want it counts.

I have noticed lately that it is more difficult to buckle the seat belt. Maybe that is due to a bulky winter coat (I can still zip it, barely), but it takes more seat belt to go around me, and I have to really check to make sure I buckled. Today I buckled my scarf into the latch, and not the belt itself. I had to really pull to get the scarf out. And it isn't like I can lean over and look to check...

In other news, we are working on registries still. I went to a baby shower on Sunday and payed close attention to the things she got that looked useful, and the comments others made about them. I learned about using dead batteries to make toys not "work." I even enjoyed the cheesy shower game a little. Q is adjusting to random mood swings. He wishes there was warning when one is coming. Coming next week: pregnant belly pictures, and our Christmas card picture. Q has been busy at work.

No comments: