Wednesday, March 18, 2009

the other guy

Yesterday we met the "back-up" doctor, who is on call while Dr. B goes on vacation. He tried to reassure me by telling me that he has delivered over 500 babies and all will be well. I took that to mean, "you're just another notch on my belt." Woo-hoo. I really don't want a different doctor, but I know I'm not the first in this situation. My mom tells me that our family doctor was in Germany when my sister decided to show up. I guess it would be hard for doctors to go on vacation if they had to schedule around the babies that might show up while they are gone.

On facebook last night Dr. B's wife did mention that her house, especially Dr. B and their son, is on standby and trying to be patient. So are we.

I really hope that the baby comes before the induce day, though, because going that late means I get only two weeks with baby before I have to go back to school to get my kids ready for a concert. I wanted more than two weeks, but we've been working on this concert since January, and we can't afford for me to take more time off. I did cancel all of my piano lessons next week though, which may be too hopeful of thinking on my part.

So we celebrated St. Patrick's Day and no baby by grilling steaks ( a splurge, but I needed to splurge) and walking to Dairy Queen for some soft serve happiness. Dan has stopped telling the baby to wait a couple more days, and now in the mornings tells Babycue to come today. That would be good. I am not patient when it comes to schedules and being on time, and this is I guess a good lesson for me. What I think is good timing is not always good timing and things will work out, or come out, as the daycare kids say.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you haven't gone into labor yet. i'm sure you've heard the old wive's tale about how you and Dan can induce labor ;) It worked for Toni and I.

Hanna said...

TMI...