Friday, March 20, 2009

Non stress test and spring break is almost over

So, here is how that works. They put two belts on the belly. The pink one tracks baby's heartbeat (it sounds like a horse running, or squeaky rubber), and the blue one tracks contractions (which I wasn't aware I was having, I mean, I felt them, but didn't know that's what they were). For about a half hour this machine monitors all of that, and then the nurse looks at it, says all is well, and after calling Dr. B, sends you on your way. We get to do it again on Monday.

Today is the last day of Spring Break, and it looks like I might be headed to school on Monday. I hadn't planned on going next week, but I might as well earn a little more cash before the baby comes. I told Q that I really need to get out of the house today, or I need something to do, and he suggested I do more laundry. Not the answer I was looking for. So I have laundry going, and I took a big morning nap (again). After I finish with this, I'll head to the post office to see if we got anything interesting in the mail. Then maybe I'll get a coffee or a chai before heading home. Everyone should have a spring break this exciting.

1 comment:

tbonegrl said...

Many hugs to you. During the 4 days I was trying to avoid having the boys, I was on almost 24-7 monitoring. I had double the belly belts for two babies. It was so frustrating!