Thursday, November 13, 2008

Where is my belly button going? and music...

Mr. Lunt: There’s something missing in my middle and it’s hard to ignore
Boyz: There’s this thing about himself he’s never told you before
Lunt: Baby!

Boyz: He needs to tell you something
Mr. Lunt: I don’t got a bellybutton
Oh I need to tell you something
Boyz: Have you figure it out
He don’t got a bellybutton
Boyz: Bellybutton no, oh no no


While you sing along to the Bellybutton song (as sung by Veggie Tales), here's what I have to say about mine.

Where is it going? I have always had a deep belly button. But it is getting more shallow, and I can see my scar from gall bladder surgery...The shape of my belly button has changed, and the skin there is smoother than the rest of my belly (which, BTW, is really hairy. Has it always been that way?). I keep making Q check it, he just says it is getting smaller, and he isn't used to seeing that scar. Hmmm.....and speaking of bellies, I finally broke down today and wore a maternity top. I decided I'd rather look pregnant in pregnant clothes than fat in Dan's T-shirts.

I know What to Expect says that listening to music doesn't really matter to Babycue at this point, but as a music teacher I have to disagree. And now that I can feel Babycue moving around, I definitely have to disagree. Last week I was asked to play bass drum with the college orchestra (take that! parents at my former employer who said I couldn't handle percussion). While I didn't feel a lot of movement while I was playing, I did feel a lot while the orchestra played a Verdi piece...and in band rehearsal Tuesday when my stand mate played her alto flute solo, someone couldn't hold still!

One more thing: an update on the cold, which turns out to be an upper respiratory infection. Lisa, the PA, told me to take my allergy meds. I'd been doing so good without them, but I do feel better with them.

No comments: