Tuesday, November 4, 2008

a second ultrasound and Grover

Today we went to see Dr. B for an OB appointment. He said everything looks good, but there was one curiosity on the ultrasound report. This may not be what you all wanted to know, but the placenta may be covering the cervix, which is apparently bad (bad enough to move me to high risk status). So, in three weeks we get a second chance to see Babycue wiggle around. My mom said she had the same thing with either me or my sister, and by delivery time it was no longer a problem. The baby's heart rate is 150, the ultrasound predicts the due date as being 4 days earlier, and I am feeling good. I have also gained 4 pounds, which means I am almost to pre-pregnancy weight.

My piano students are starting realize that I am pregnant. It helps that I have an ultrasound picture on the piano. They all want to know whose baby that is, and when I say mine, they either look at me in wonder, or say, "I thought you looked bigger." The daycare kids are figuring it out too. I happen to have both of Dr. B's kids, and today someone in his class wanted to know if I have a baby at home. I said, "not yet, it is still inside of me." Dr. B's son said, "I knew that. My mom and grandma told me." I had run into his mom while running an errand last week, and she told me she had asked him if he had noticed and he said he did.

Speaking of daycare--let me just say that I love teaching music to kids who get soooo excited to see me each Tuesday, and give me hugs and kisses when I leave. And they love the songs and games and request their favorites all of the time. They get so excited when I pull out props and get a game going! It makes me more excited to share these things with Babycue.

Speaking of sharing...We have been reading to the baby now, and we started with a Grover book. We couldn't find our copy of The Monster at the End of This Book (it has to be somewhere), and I mentioned that to my dad. He told me that he got so tired of reading that book to me that he finally tape recorded it, and he thinks the tape still exists. He offered to find it for us.

No comments: