Monday, September 29, 2008

cleaning out the cupboard

Last week I went through our pantry and took out everything that I can't have right now, including things I might be tempted by (Ghiradelli hot chocolate, anyone?). I took the bag to mom, and I'm not sure what she will do with a box of graham cracker crumbs...but she traded me homemade peach jam and some pears for it.

Saturday I went to visit a friend I used to work with. She decided to go through her cupboards and find things I could eat. Then she sent those things home with me. First she was disappointed that most of what she had I couldn't have, but we found a few things. So I took home a bag containing canned pumpkin, Bush's homestyle baked beans, a can of mandarin oranges, a Jiffy pizza crust mix, a can of frozen grape juice, and some strawberry daiquiri mix. Now that is a friend, someone who will give you a can of pumpkin and some daiquiri mix! No, really, I very much appreciated it, T, and the pizza was very good and I ate too much of it. Thanks for everything!

No comments: