Tuesday, September 2, 2008

and the beat goes on...

Ah, twelve weeks. Today we heard babycue's heartbeat! We were excited, as was our doctor. The heart rate was 165 beats per minute, and we could hear mine too, so it sounded like a cool ostinato. This week the baby is the size of a lime.

Speaking of food, three things. I have lost three more pounds, and my body is burning fat, which is not good. Doctor's orders: eat more. But, I have found food I can eat! Macaroni and cheese is my hero, and so is Breyer's chocolate ice cream. Bless the people who use cocoa. McDonald's and Dairy Queen, not so much. Sometime when you really want to be frustrated, just go into one of those fine establishments and ask if there is soy in their ice cream. They don't know. Now, I know I was at McDonald's on a Friday night during the after the football game rush, but they should still know where to look. At Dairy Queen last night, they had no clue, and one girl even pointed out that she doesn't even know what soy is. I laughed, after I walked out, because she probably eats it every day.

I was really sick on Saturday, and we blame the two bites of chocolate chip cookie I had on Friday night.

No comments: