Friday, October 19, 2012

Sara speaks, leaves ICU

Sara here. (Dan is my typist.) I'm transferring from ICU to the Mother-Baby Unit on the 2nd floor, east wing at Mercy in Des Moines. It's okay to come and visit me, though I may be napping. Bring toenail polish - my toes are a mess and I have to wear hospital socks.

I walked all the way to the end of the hallway and back. It felt good. Really good.

I am eating. It's all liquid, and that's okay. It's been a while since I've been this excited about jello. Maybe first grade.

They removed my catheter and I peed on my own this morning. I had a bath (sort of). It's a container of heated baby wipes marked "bath".

I did Facetime with Graeme this morning. He was cute and cuddly, making little baby faces in his sleep. His Uncle Chris does such a good job with him.

All your prayers and messages have been incredibly humbling. They are obviously working because ...here we are. Thank you.

My goodness, we're going to be blown away with so much help and support with Graeme and the girls. I don't know how we're going to show people how we appreciate it as much as we do.

 - Sara

No comments: