Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My monster cookie has Christmas colored M and M's

I just noticed the colors. Until Q's last post about ice, it had been a while. I guess we've been adjusting. Q left his job and started a new business right before Hanna was born. My uncle died. Hanna was born. I went back to work. Hanna started half time daycare. We struggle just to keep on top of the dishes and laundry, let alone picking up the clutter we sometimes just walk over, or blogging. Extras, though ideal, just don't win over finding clean spoons in the drawer or rinsing a onesie that has just been poopsploded on or feeding Hanna. So, we are behind. It took me two months to get around to making the muffins I had been craving for a couple of weeks before Hanna came. I've been wanting to iron my blue corduroy shirt for almost that long. Right now I manage to wrap about one gift a night.

Christmas is upon us. I hadn't been feeling my usual anticipation yet, until maybe yesterday. The kids at school are in hyper mode, and that helps. I haven't really been shopping (did 98% of it online), and we're not traveling this year (first time in 14 years for me). We only baked one batch of cookies (though I'm planning an eggnog cheesecake for Christmas day). We're adjusting. We get to start our own tradition this year (no idea what it will be). And there is my anticipation feeling. Unknown territory. But for now I will just eat my monster cookie. And attempt to keep on. And love on my girls. And maybe even pick up a second coffee on my way home from school.

No comments: