Friday, March 11, 2011

May the pants be with you!

Now that the last post is published, I can add this as well. I wrote it several weeks ago.


I vaguely remember playing a Star Wars game in which the word "force" was replaced with the word "pants." This is not about that.


In the fall, when I was pregnant with Hyfrydol, when I had the opportunity to purchase pants, I did not do it. I thought I would be wearing maternity pants soon enough and could make it with just a few pairs of pants.


For Christmas, I asked for pants. I was given a generous gift card with the instructions to buy pants. I couldn't find a single pair at that particular store that fit me (I tried on over 14 pairs over the course of 2 days). I bought a Glee shirt and a hat and scarf with most of the money instead. That was my lone shopping chance.


So, again, here I am with 4 pairs of pants, not wanting to get new ones, because I just need to make it to skirt weather and maternity clothes and things will be fine.


Except that I have before school playground duty and Monday when I bent over to retrieve the football that had been kicked at me, I ripped the crotch out of my khakis. Fortunately, the good art teacher next door had khaki colored duct tape and it held up for the day. Q told me to go to the mall and get pants after school. I went to one store and they had none. They sent me to another store, and they had none in my size. I finally found a pair at the Maurice's in Grinnell.


I hated that I had to get pants right now. I won't be able to wear them again until sometime in November. But I guess at least I have pants. May the pants be with you.

No comments: