Monday, December 20, 2010

I NEEEEED Baby Jesus!!!

Lately Slane NEEEEEEEEDS things. She can put a lot of emotion behind that. "I neeeeed fruit snacks!" "I neeeeeeeed Street!" "I neeeeeeeed yogurt!"


Lately Slane has also been into Baby Jesus and the Christmas story. We read it in her rhyming story Bible every night, multiple times. She skips ahead to the baby part every time. Last week at church while we were in the nursery she found the Little People nativity and grabbed baby Jesus, trying to give him to various people. Last night she discovered two nativity scenes at my parents' church, and had to go check out the baby Jesus in each one. She even snagged a doll from the nursery and named it baby Jesus.


Our nativity scene at home is a very small ceramic set with all characters connected together and connected to the base. Slane was upset recently when she wanted baby Jesus and couldn't have him, because I could just picture the whole thing being thrown and shattered. So to tell me how upset she was by this, she yelled, "I NEEEEEED baby Jesus!!!" If I were a pastor, there would so be a sermon here, but since I'm not, well, doesn't this seem like a lesson for us?


No comments: