Thursday, September 30, 2010

Home videos

"Most family home videos are boring.  You film your kid doing something, like tying his shoes for the first time.  It seems really exciting the first time, but years later you’ve seen your kid do that every day for years.  The better videos are of things that are boring now because you currently do them all the time. Someday you will no longer be doing them and the video will bring back memories." - Jeff Ely, Cheap Talk
I keep meaning to capture more of the mundane moments of our family - daily photos, audio, video. It's a dilemma - living fully in the moment or documenting the moment for posterity? Lately, by necessity and by inattention, we have taken fewer pictures and recorded less. I'm okay with this, except when I'm not. MamaCue and I feel like this commercial is a glimpse into our future:

1 comment:

Amy Worrel said...

I love this commercial! I love "Daddy okay!!"