Friday, May 8, 2009

Nine pounds, nine ounces

Woohoo! We don't have to go back to the doctor until our two month wellness check (which is really only in two weeks, but nonetheless). Slane is eating like a champ and growing!

Today we also went to Tulip Time. Slane did really well and slept through most of the parade. She met some aunts and uncles and cousins for the first time, and some friends too. She even got her picture taken with some tulips. The cutest part: it started to storm as we were leaving, and even though she was being pushed through the rain (the canopy was up) she was laughing and smiling. I hope that means the thunder doesn't scare her. The most frustrating part, after finding a bathroom and claiming it to pump (still measuring ounces), I apparently took too long. The patrons waiting in line went to get the manager to check on the person in the bathroom. My fault-I thought rechargeable batteries would work in the pump and they didn't so I had to plug in...People were banging on the door and I kept saying "just a minute" but they didn't hear me. When I finally left the bathroom, I just berated the people in line about having respect for a breastfeeding mother seeking a little privacy. Then I left as quickly as possible.

2 comments:

Susan McIntyre said...

Good news, she is a growing girl.

Victoria said...

wow, Claire was that weight when she was 5 months old! What a little chunk of cuteness!!!